RE: cooling yet again

To: "'Paul Memont'" <prmnes@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: cooling yet again
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:53:57 -0400
Paul
        This is a classic case of throwing parts at a problem and don't be
concerned we have all done this.

1st     if it is not pucking; it's not overheating.

2nd     Always check the coolant temperature with another thermometer.

3rd     Theo is correct the instrument voltage stabilizer maybe poor or bad.
Check all the wires, wire connections and       grounds to the gage and the
stabilizer for corrosion or loose connections and see of that helps the
problem.

4th     The gage is rarely really bad.   You can remove the gage and check
it for accuracy by setting up the circuit out of        the car.   You need
a variable voltage supply for 10v and a potentiometer to vary the resistance
or you use a temp       sensor in a pot of heated water.   There is a table
on Tigersunited.com that equates resistance to temp.

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/BrennanGauge/rt-BrennanGauge1.asp

Hope these steps help you.

Happy motoring this weekend

Ron Fraser