Re: My World's Fastest Sunbeam Daily Activity Reports

To: Chuck Nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Subject: Re: My World's Fastest Sunbeam Daily Activity Reports
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:19:07 -0700
Well, CHuck, I am all dressed up and no where to go.We got ready for the
September World of Speed at Bonneville and it was called off. The next
meet is World Finals held in mid October but that is currently iffy
also. I keep watching the weather and it looks gloomy up there as far as
rain on the lake goes. Right now, the SCTA says the meet is on but I
have my doubts. The car is as good as it is going to get until I can put
it under load or a dyno somewhere. All the parts are made, trailer is
ready, I am ready, have all the safety gear, air in the tires, fuel in
the tank...  The car starts and runs well and I have a pretty fair
starting tune for the computer so it will hopefiully only need a bit if
tweaking. Since last photos, I have completed a rather neat looking
little wind screen although it is not of professional quality. Just
cute. I also added some hood ppins on the deck lid to keep it from going
astray if it comes loose and a bigh honking one at the center of the
hood (in the old hood latch area).

I will let everyone know when and if we go. One of our group here has
already sent his entry in (well, actually his driver sent it in) so if
it is a go, then I might as well go up. The other car, a 260 mph
lakester is already in the trailer and would only have to be towed up,
but I fear that owner probably wont go.

Now, I did have the pleasure of meeting Bob Hokanson this past weekend.
He and his son, Mike, attended the Craftsman Truck Race in Las Vegas and
the come over on Sunday and had lunch with us and visited with the cars.
They are both interesting gentlemen and nice to know. If you have a
chance to chat shop with them, they are pretty knowledgeable regarding
the tiger and alpine. They have some nifty projects in work, but I will
let them tell about them.

not much more to tell righ tnow...

mayf