Strange pieces

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Strange pieces
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:10:41 EDT
I was looking under my Tiger today and saw a couple of things that I had
wondered about before. Attached to the inside of the main "frame" rails and
almost
even with the rear part of the transmission are two box like structures
attached....one on each side.  They are about 4" x 5", made of a thin metal,
have
holes drilled in them and form a little box that would create a cavity about
3/4" from the bottom of this metal to the floor boards.

Was this something used in the Alpine because I can't see the use for it
here.  It definitely looks original.
Mark L.