Hello from a Newbie

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hello from a Newbie
From: "Bob Dixon" <bobdixon@frii.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 22:36:13 -0600
Hello all you Tiger nuts.

I'm new to this email list.  My name is Bob Dixon, I live in Longmont
Colorado and bought my Tiger back in January of this year from Bill Martin.
She's been authenticated B9471388.

Some of you may know her.  She was kind of a rootbeer brown with some rather
interesting fender flares welded on.  I've spent the last 8 months stripping
it down to bare metal to find the real Tiger under all the bondo and
numerous coats of paint.  I saved a box full of bondo I got off of one side
because I don't think anyone would ever believe bondo could be put on that
thick.  I'm not kidding, in some places over the flares it was at least an
inch and a half.  I cut the flares off at the welds and have been remolding
some of the metal with body hammers and anvils.

Dale has been an awesome resource of very high-quality upgrades.  I have new
Wilwoods front and back, aluminum radiator, new springs in the rear, and
Panasports all around.  I shipped my front cross member out to Dale where he
stripped it down, welded the weak points, added all his magical parts, MG
Midget steering rack, new springs, new bearings, bullet proof fulcrum pins,
and whatnot.  When I got it back, it was so pretty I hated to bolt back
under my primered car.  It was a true work of art.

The interior is gutted.  Actually, most of it had rotted off anyway.  The
thing smelled like my granddads old shed.  Now I have some nice new pieces
from Sunbeam Specialties to put in once I get it painted.

There is an endless supply of projects left for this car.  This is exactly
what I was looking for.  I have wanted a Tiger since I was in high-school
and now I have one.  When I got it my daughters said it was 'gross',
'disgusting', 'Eww'.  Now they always want rides :-)

Bill Martin has been an incredible resource for me during this project so
far.  He is always willing to talk to me about where I can source parts and
what will fit and what will not.

So far, the Tiger community has been fantastic.  I've met some of the local
boys here in Colorado by chance when I was getting coffee.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself.

-Bob