Forged VIN plate

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Forged VIN plate
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:41:14 -0700
Caution,

Currently, eBay is offering phony VIN plates for self stamping numbers
on.  Creation of a substitute Vehicle Identification Number plate is
illegal in most Car Title states.  Only those issued by the
manufacturer, for the specified car my be used, and only
removed/installed with state approval, or a state issued identification
number that will NOT be the same as the original.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUNBEAM-TIGER-PARTS-ORDERING-PLACARD_W0QQitemZ4581752731QQcategoryZ10076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(note: all link tags may not be "hot" with such a long name in the list
message.  Type them all.)

In states where a car is capital equipment, and subject ot grand theft
regulation, this usage can result in confiscation, and possibly fraud,
if offered for sale.  Be careful with your delicate original.

Before we get a ration of responses from those states where vehicle ID
alteration is NOT a state crime, they due exist in some mostly rural
southern states.  Take care when buying from these areas, especially if
the were licensed in a flood plain.  Most totaled flood damage is being
snapped up by those who will cosmetically restore them and wholesale
them elsewhere.  Probably not many Tigers, but a Cobra got burned in our
Los Angeles fire.  Anyone want "hot" Cobra parts?

Steve

--
___
Steve Laifman