RE: Tiger Re-wiring?

To: jsloan798@earthlink.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tiger Re-wiring?
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:09:47 -0400
Scott,
Like it was mentioned...stock or near stock Tiger...spend the green (if you
got it) and go with a factory style harness which is available from several
sources. It will be a lot easier just to bascially plug everything in and
go.

My tiger had a Painless Wiring harness in it when I bought it. Painless and
a stock set-up are about the same cost.

My understanding is the main pitfall (other than your time spent fooling
around with the whole deal) is the ignition switch, which is evidently wired
differently than what the Big 3 cars. I was told that, by someone else, but
don't know it to be fact since I haven't dove into this project yet.

I bought an E-Z Wiring harness off of EvilBay since I plan on hiding as much
of the engine compartment wiring as possible in my car and I wanted more
circuits with a fuse block in the interior.

Price was one reason for me choosing E-Z over Painless...but my research
showed me that E-Z uses a better grade of wiring than Painless. On the other
hand Painless offers much better customer service support...so that may be
important.

Also my car is in "many pieces" so it should not be too difficult to route
the wires...that may also be a factor for you with an interior and
everything intact in a vehicle, dropping in a ready-made harness again might
be easier and faster.

I hope to get into this next summer (with a little luck) and I plan on
posting progress on this to my website at that time.

Paul