re Tiger 1A stock carb

To: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>,
Subject: re Tiger 1A stock carb
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:04:12 -0500
If you mean what carb came with the car from England, it would have been
a Ford 2bbl carburetor, and you can see a fairly good picture of it if
you go to the TigersUnited webpage, access the Rootes workshop manual
(WSM) and click on Sec. C Fuel System. I think pages
C15 and C16 will give pictures of the stock carb.

There is also the L.A.T options kit, and the special induction option
was L.A.T. 1. The kit included a Holley 4bbl and an Edelbrock F4B
hi-rise aluminum intake manifold with all hardware to install it in the
stock motor. Like all L.A.T accessories, it's considered as stock as the
original 2bbl.

The picture you included indicates some sort of Holley carburetor on
your car. You may want to look for any I.D. tags to nail down the
particular model. As for the aluminum air filter housing, it's supposed
to be the exact same dimensions as the stock sheet metal filter housing,
which is also oval-shaped. I used to have the aluminum one, and I know
it fits the stock 2bbl carb. It should be pointed out that the aluminum
air filter housing looks fine when used with the L.A.T valve covers, but
this air filter housing was not a L.A.T option, just a great
afterthought by a Tiger hobbyist. Mine came from Tiger Tom, and I
replaced it with the stock oval Rootes part.

Both housings will work with the L.A.T. 1 induction kit, but watch for
hood clearance. Others on the list can tell you how to adjust things so
that it clears the hood, if you should have a problem.

RB
B382000048LRXFE