RE: Wire Wheels/ balancing wires

To: dave@munroe.ca
Subject: RE: Wire Wheels/ balancing wires
From: "Joey Hiykel" <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:49:44 -0600
yes, i have a problem that i need help with. The car tends to shake at 80.
And thats it, not 85 or 90. I look at the wheels, and they have the little
weights. Do those get out of balance once they are balanced? This spring we
are going to TRY and have them balanced. Not many places will balance the
wires tho they said. I think they are going to be in for some trouble with
our wires tho. And also, we have some minor scratches in the paint. Are
these able to come out? We were thinking about having a paint shop buffer
them out. Would this work?

once again im very sorry for all the emails at once.

Going out to drive the Tiger on a Sunday night!!!!!

>From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
>To: tigers@autox.team.net, Steve Laifman <owner-tigers@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Wire Wheels
>Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 20:20:50 -0400
>
>Steve;
>
>Its not my intention to shove in on Joey's deal on the wire wheels, but
>this same type of wheel was on my Tiger when I bought it 3 years ago. They
>are Dayton Chrome wires that bolt on to the original steel wheel hub. They
>are 13X5.5, and absolutely impossible to balance.
>
>I spent close to $800 from Massachusetts to Nova Scotia trying to get
>enough roundness and balance into them to get them to run over 60 mph
>without shaking the fillings out of my teeth. I even called Dayton, to see
>id they would take them back for a truing and balance, but no go. Their
>story is to buy new ones!
>
>My solution was to buy Minilites. The wires look cool, but the Minilites
>work!
>
>Dave Munroe
>382000450

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.