Clutch failure additl info

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch failure additl info
From: CALUMETAIR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:04:26 EST
My road race Mustang was a '66 Shelby GT-350 look-a-like. It had a 289  built
to the Ford Hi perFordmance specification for the LeMans engine. Ford had  a
"book", in the sixties, that showed you how to build up your Ford engines to
varying levels of performance, Remember?

It went something like; eliminator, dominator, etc. and used off the shelf
FoMoCo HiPo parts for the lower end engines. My car was built up by a life long
 racer and as I recall it was built to LeMans specs. The only trouble it ever
 gave me was with the stock shifter (replaced).

I tired of road racing and converted the car to a late model stock car and
ran it for a while at our local tracks.

I converted It to a street legal (sort of?) machine and sold it. last I
heard the new owner blew something up (or out) and parked it in a garage in
Chicago somewhere.

I wish Paul Harvey would tell me "The rest of the story"

Tom Milton,  1964 B382000257
Restoration in progress (stalled)
Lansing, Illinois