re: hardware for Tiger/Alpine

To: Tiger Group <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: re: hardware for Tiger/Alpine
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 09:20:13 -0500
In addition to 'totallystainless' try the following automotive hardware
sites:

    Wurth  (www.wurthusa.com)

    Winzer  (www.winzerusa.com)

They're not cheap, but they offer discounts when you are interested in
an assortment. If you're going whole hog and replacing most of the car's
hardware, they might throw in the storage cabinets, and in any event,
ask them to give you a plastic hardware gauge with the holes and ruler
for measuring the pieces you're replacing.

Another source if you're just buying bits and pieces, and it doesn't
need to be grade 8, is Home Depot or Lowe's, and I found that a select
number of local indy hardware stores have awesome selections of not just
nuts and bolts, but things like E-clips, C-clips, carb linkage
fasteners, and lock pin clips. Don't give up on the local dudes. I found
a great assortment in a hardware store in Cambridge, MA, where no one
works on their own Volvos or Bimmers. And I also remember a good
assortment in a store in McMinnville, OR, in the middle of farm and wine
country. You never know.