Bearing Race

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Bearing Race
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:00:49 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2005 8:33:12 P.M. Central Standard Time,
lgooch@satx.rr.com writes:

. What I noticed was the race on one of the outer wheel
bearings sticks out about a silly little millimeter(and wo'nt go any
further)while the other side is flush. Question is does this difference
make a difference?

Lewis,

You should look at the inside of the race, perhaps with a small mirror, to
make sure the race is seated against the step in the hub with no gap. If it's
not, it my eventually move while you are driving you will end up with a loose
bearing.

John Logan Sr.