Buddy Bar Valve Covers

To: tonythetiger@onecliq.net (Tony Someone)
Subject: Buddy Bar Valve Covers
From: wwwdg@webtv.net (David or Gary)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:25:27 -0800
Here are some photo links to an original "Buddy Bar" Tiger valve cover.
On my set only the left side (oil cap side) is marked BUDDY BAR CASTING.
The right side looks like the mould might have been repaired, it has
rough spots and lumps in the area where "Buddy Bar" should be. I don't
know if they are all made like this or just some groups. Anyone else
have an original set they can check and see if the right cover is
marked?
.
There were at least two reproduction manufacturers, "CAT" and either
"Cobra Restorers" and, or "Tony Branda", don't know if these last two
were a manufacturer or just sold the repro's made by a main "Cobra"
parts supplier. "CAT" covers were not as nice as the other sets, "CAT"
covers don't have the ignition wire separator mounts on them and weren't
finished as nice as the "Cobra" manufacturer covers.
I don't know if Sunbeam Specialties makes his own covers or buys them
from a Cobra parts supplier.

David Franchi
.
Inside of valve cover (left side).