RE: Brake problem

To: "'Andrew Tindall'" <thetindalls@ozemail.com.au>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake problem
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 12:16:15 -0500
Andrew
        Your first step is to do a complete examination of your brake system
and look for any obvious problems and correct them.
2nd     you need to inspect and adjust the hand brake system so it is
working correctly.   Poorly adjusted rear brakes can cause the pedal to go
to the floor.
3rd     you need to bleed the brake system or do a complete fluid change.
4th     you might as well bleed the clutch system too since you have the
equipment out.

        I recommend bleeding the brakes on any car a little at least once a
year after a complete fluid change so you can be sure there is no air or
dirt in the system.  It also keeps the fluid fresher and cleaner.   I prefer
to do this in the spring or fall and sometime I bleed the brakes twice a
year on my every day car just to be safe and sure the system is working
well.

Ron Fraser