RE: Tires for LAT 70 Wheels

To: "'Chris and Jodie'" <cjcoffel@sonic.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tires for LAT 70 Wheels
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:46:56 -0500
I've got 185/70-13 Uniroyals on my LAT sized wheels.  I had to trim the
valence panels like everybody else, but there are no fender lip
problems.  These are not high performance tires, but fairly generic
street tires.  They're still 500% better than the originals.

They give a comfortable ride and are probably sqooshy enough to not to
stress the fulcrum pins as much as the super sticky "boy racer" tires
the high performance guys favor.  These are NOT the tires you would want
for any serious autocross efforts.  I had 195/60 Contis on there for a
bit (they came with the wheels), and I could feel that they were much
stiffer, and gave a harsher ride than the Uniroyals.

Stu