to pass thru or not to pass thru, that is the ?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: to pass thru or not to pass thru, that is the ?
From: <pirouette@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 4:49:16 -0500
Crawling around under my car looking at things I really don't want to do......

Nevada car, quite dry, X-frame overall quite good.  So do I want to go to the
trouble of tubing the front exhaust passs-throughs or not?  I thought it was a
good idea until today.  Noted that where the front leg of the 'X' crosses the
longituinal box frame piece (outboard form the exhaust) there is a cut out
where the boxframe essentially goes through it.  On my car at least (on the
right side where I was groveling) on the front side of the 'X' at that cut out,
the edge is flapped forward (and it looks stock).  It creates a little scoop
that is even closer to the tire spray pattern than the exhaust hole is, and
would seem to feed water right into the bottom of the 'X' finger.  I'm curious
if anyone who has tubed their passthroughs (Larry?) did anything to correct
this.  Or is my car just weird?  Thanks!
                      Chris Hill