Re: Paint Brand Choice

To: PhastPhill@aol.com
Subject: Re: Paint Brand Choice
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:45:07 -0800
Rodney,

I would definitely agree with PhastPhil.  It is not just a painters
"preferences", but the actual paint vendor's additional  additives that
must be compatible with the color coat.  Usually high end paint
providers have an entire "system" of chemicals that are compatible with
its own paint.

Even if a painter is not "hooked" on one brand, it is rare that he
carries more than one complete line in each price category.  You must
choose your painter to match the paint you like, or choose your paint
compatible with the system(s) he uses.

Steve (user of PPG for this reason.  Had Glasurit on my Porsche's, an
DuPont on my MG-TD.  All have first rate high end paints.  Let us not
forget Sikkens, from Alfred Nobel (In 1866 Nobel produced what he
believed was a safe and manageable form of
nitroglycerin called dynamite. He was so horrified at the resultant
carnage, he established the Peace Prize, and shows an amazing lack of
foresight. This is a very popular professional grade paint, and
represented here by Tiger owner Tim Ronak who is an excellent
contributor to TigersUnited.com,

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/Ronak350Lunati/pt-Ronak350Lunati1.asp

___
Steve Laifman