Chock full o' topics

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chock full o' topics
From: "Lawrence Wright" <wrightsinseabrook@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:47:50 -0500
Steve Halbrook wrote:
>I believe that it is the November issue of Playboy that has a picture
>of the new "Maxwell Smart" with a red Mk1A Tiger.

I got someone to tear that page out for me. Anyone notice the exhaust pipe (it
sure _looks_ like an exhaust, it has a pipe clamp on it) just under the sills?
Seems more like a placement for a 1961 Chevy than a Tiger. Or maybe itbs
just a bsecret weaponb installed on the car.

John Logan wrote:
>Subject: Temperture Sender Threads
>To install the straight threaded temperature sender in a manifold with
>pipe threads. You can buy a brass reducer fitting with pipe threads and
>re-tap the female threads of the fitting with a straight tap to fit the
sender.

I mentioned this before: I got away with a copper pipe fitting, male threads
to female bsweatb, IIRC B=b or B>b, with the senderbs threads ground
down and _soldered_ inside. Looks funky, but it works.

Peter Laurinaitis wrote:
>Subject: Tiger nuts and bolts...
>Also, do most people tend to use stainless steel or grade 8 or the like?

Lots of good advice in previous posts. I used G8 in suspension, etc. where
strength is paramount, and stainless everywhere else in the car. Uh, how much
load you gonna put on trunk hinge bolts anyway? One application where I was
cautioned was the master-cylinder mounts; I used stainless anyway and bso
far, so goodb. :^O

Now, if someone made a G8 version of the ball-headed pivot bolt for the
Mk1bs boot doors, maybe those wouldnbt breakb&

Rande Bellman wrote:
>Another source if you're just buying bits and pieces, and it doesn't
>need to be grade 8, is Home Depot or Lowe's, and I found that a select
>number of local indy hardware stores have awesome selections

My last couple of visits to Home Depot disappointed; maybe therebs no money
in bolts, etc. but the stainless-steel selection stank. Lowes has a huge # of
drawer bins for stainless b all empty. Aargh! Back to the local hardware
store (while it survives) for me.

Ron Fraser wrote:
>Pg 44    Dynacorn Classic Bodies Inc.   '69 Camaro convertible replacement
>body shell officially licensed by GM.

This is great. Reminds me of the bHeritageb shells for MGBbs, Bugeyes
and the like. If theybre taking suggestions, make mine 1953 Studebaker (uh,
factory approval or support unlikely, though) coupe. The Camaro sounds neat
itself, but a Firebird variation would be even better.

Bob Hokanson wrote:
>Does anyone have a link to a good webphoto of the right side of a Tiger with
>the Chrysler pentastar plainly visible?

Pentastar = pentagram; what demons do you really want to summon? I knocked
mine off my old Alpine with a cold chisel. Anyway, Ibll look and see if I
have any pictures from before then. (Guess which domestic manufacturer I
donbt like.)

FunbeamChuck wrote:
>The Funbeam has a new home.

What??????? :^O
Good luck, Chuck.

Rande Bellman wrote:
>A couple of things about the parts book. If you dealt with the the same
>eBay vendor that is currently advertising the parts book, it is a
>photocopy, and the vendor writes that '...this is a copy...', and the
>vendor mentions in the auction that anyone unhappy with their purchase
>should contact the vendor.

Long ago, I borrowed an original from Wally Swift and made copies; one for me,
one for him b including index sets. I tell you, by the time I was done, if
were asked to do another, yeah, I would ask for a _chunk_ of money. OTOH, once
you have a clean, unwrinkled set with no dog-eared pages, making copies should
get easier. I guess it depends on whether youbre looking for information or
investment value.

Lawrence R. Wright
9418 Dubarry Avenue
Seabrook, MD 20706