Re: Since Joey is showing pictures...White Top & Stripes...

To: RMEbstein@aol.com
Subject: Re: Since Joey is showing pictures...White Top & Stripes...
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:13:31 -0500
Rodney,
Andy's car is BRG with "correct" chrome Tiger Tails.

There is no "correct" placement on the stripes, I looked at the instructions
and there is no mention where or how you place them, only the pictures where
they place them on an angle.

The instructions even say..."Tiger Tails may be styled and applied in other
areas and other patterns..." and I imagine if you went to 10 dealers and had
them stick the stripes on 10 cars they would all be placed in slightly
different locations.

There used to be a guy on Ebay trying to sell the original stripes at a
pretty high price but other than buying them to say you have the originals
in an original box I can't imagine they are of much use after almost 40
years.

The place I bought my stripes from also could do them in chrome for a
slightly higher cost then regular vinyl stripes.

So if you want to be truly, truly "correct" then you need to paint your car
Carnival Red (assuming your car was Carnival Red to begin with) and use the
chrome vinyl tape stripes on your car.

Paul