Update from ATL

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Update from ATL
From: "Carlo Roberto Bernardino M.D." <crbernardino@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 21:48:01 -0500
Hope all is well. Things are cold in Atlanta. However, no storage for
this cat - merely put on the hat. Last weekend went to the storage
facility and put the hard top back on (I am not allowed to keep the
hat in the living room of our condo - wife's rules). However, prior
to that my Tiger decided to bite me. I was tinkering in the engine
compartment, as usual, and my hand slipped. It hit the unshrouded
Derale fan and I lacerated a tendon on my third finger. Normally, I
would have sewn it up myself (that is my trade, an eye surgeon) but
this was out of my league. I ended up having hand surgery, but
luckily lost no function.

Since then, any major tinkering has been off limits as per wife, mom,
coworkers, university, etc...
So all the nagging problems I wanted to fix, I had to relegate to
someone else. Luckily I finally found my hero and Tiger tamer - Chuck
Gutke of Cobra Restorers (www.cobrarestorers.com). After visiting his
shop in Kennisaw, GA, I asked him to once over the car - he was
thorough and fixed/overhauled/changed many things. Bottom line - car
is like new - I can't believe the state I used to drive the car in.
Changes included new Holley 4 barrel with new intake manifold, MSD 6A
ignition, rebuilt steering rack, replaced master and slave clutch
cylinders. As you may recall, my Cat is a daily driver, so these
changes reap daily.

Anyway, if you wanna see the Cat's current teeth - check the
following link...

http://homepage.mac.com/crbernardino/PhotoAlbum26.html

Rob's V8Tygr
1966 Mk1A Sunbeam Tiger