Disk Brake Upgrades

To: "Tiger News Group List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Disk Brake Upgrades
From: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:07:33 -0500
Listers,
I have done a SIGNIFICANT amount of research with regard to upgrading my
Tiger to disks. I had planned on completing the modifications myself and
fabricating all of the components but after considering the liability
aspect of this modification and the fact that the most precious things
in my life ride in the Tiger with me I have decided to use one of Dale
A.'s disk brake kits. I would encourage all of you who are not engineers
working to cobble together your own brake systems consider the merits of
a cohesive and engineered kit. His kit will fit completely inside the 13
inch wheels and have a working emergency brake.
I have a personal experience involving my wife driving a vehicle I had
'upgraded' with components to improve braking and after a severe
collision with a semi (not her fault) the vehicle was impounded
SPECIFICALLY due to the modifications (non stock appearance) of the
braking system. It seems in the eyes of the law improved = modified (not
stock)  Imagine how you might feel with the most important thing in your
life in a hospital intensive care unit and the vehicle you provided for
them to drive is impounded about some doubt as to whether the brakes
failed. The reality is the brakes were perfect but the event chased me
away from hot rods for 10 years.
While many of you are probably qualified and capable I would encourage
you to adopt a tested solution rather than create your own variation.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo, CA   92691
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
Business email: timothy.ronak@crna.akzonobel.com
Personal email: timronak@cox.net
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender then delete and destroy the original message and all copies. You
should not copy, forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in
part, without permission of the sender.