Was support list, now trademark issue

To: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Subject: Was support list, now trademark issue
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 23:13:34 -0500
Someone responded with a question as to the status of the *last* request
for money, which was the fight against Michael Hughes applying for the
trademark on Sunbeam Tiger and Sunbeam Alpine.

I only know what I read in the papers on this, but the latest TE/AE
newsletter reports that due to our collective monetary and volunteer
efforts (spearheaded prominently by lawyer Frank Mooney) and joined by
all the clubs, the application was denied.

Preservation and development of the marque is a community effort.  All
of us on the list receive from the collective effort, and we all know
it's better to give than receive, right?  Articles and info contributed,
monetary donations are all part of being a member of this community.
Whatever we do, we should all be contributing members of this community
to keep it strong and growing.  What can you contribute?

Regards,

Chris
B382000331