stupid question... perhaps

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: stupid question... perhaps
From: "Carlo Roberto Bernardino M.D." <crbernardino@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 21:18:54 -0500
Hope everyone had a merry christmas. I visited my parents in the
Philadelphia area. As you may remember, my dad is the p.o. of my Cat.
Anyway, everytime I visit, I creep around the house looking for
parts, etc. Anyway, my dad did mention to me that he had the original
260 v8 in storage. I never looked at it, so I asked to see it. He
mentioned it was in the garage. A hunt in the garage revealed nothing
(except the original engine to his '71 porsche 914-6 which he
transplanted a 2.7 liter fuel-injected beast). He then said check the
back shed. However, the shed was torn down 2 years ago. Anyway, I
went out to where the shed was and there she was... uncovered. A 260
covered completely with rust. So the question is, is it worth
shipping the original engine to ATL for safe keeping. And if so, what
shoudl I do to it for safe keeping - it currently is covered in rust.
Do I just keep it in its rusty condition, or do I need to tear it
down to make sure it is useful it the distant future?

Thanks
Rob

Rob's V8Tygr
1966 Mk1A Sunbeam Tiger