Re: relocate oil filter

To: Ron Fraser <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Subject: Re: relocate oil filter
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:36:27 -0800
Robin and Cliff,

There is a comprehensive illustrated article by Jim Boynton in
TigersUnited.com.  The filter number,

M-6880-A50, was sufficient information for the SEARCH feature to find the
article.

It is located at:
http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/Dealer_Accessories/mp-FilterAdapter2.asp

I have this installed, and there is little room for tube headers, however I
have heard that the version made by CAT does clear them. My car is shown, with
the filter installed, and the motor mount clearanced to prevent puncture.  The
Ford Motorsport FL1A filter is better than any competitor, but is a little
larger in diameter, yet.  Get under your car, identify the installed location,
and check clearances for header yourself.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com