Re: Looooooow Gas Mileage Question

To: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Looooooow Gas Mileage Question
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 20:48:55 -0800
Thank GHOD!
I thought I was the only one getting less than optimal mileage.  About
10 mpg at last count, and that's with about 220 horses at the flywheel
and a 1:1 top gear with 2.75:1 diff.

I figure it's down to an inability to keep my foot out of the loud pedal.

Normally I try not to get uptight about it, but I'd like to be able to
take it on a trip and not have to stop every hundred miles to gas up the
beast.  Guess that's the tradeoff for more power and a C-4. Although if
I put an AOD in it that'd up my mileage by as much as 25%--Lessee,
that'd be....12.5 miles per gallon!   Whee!

I remember a  post from Tom Hall a while back--Tom, weren't you getting
around 25 from your 5-speed Tiger?  I thought it was mostly stock, and a
260, but perhaps I got that part wrong?  Would you refresh my memory,
please?

Best Regards
David Sosna