RE: Tiger differential

To: "'Bob Hokanson'" <tgrrr@peoplepc.com>,
Subject: RE: Tiger differential
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:23:45 -0700
I think the main problem would be to decide the rules of engagement and then
to stick by your initial decision: What are you going to allow yourself to
cut, and what sheetmetal must stay stock?
On one end of the spectrum are those guys that did the Chrysler Hemi in the
bug-eye Sprite. They did a great job of putting the Corvette rear end in it,
with stock body panels and everything. According to their website they spent
a lot of time engineering the uprights and A-arms to keep the stock Corvette
camber curve, which is no small achievement. However, their chassis is a
one-of custom, so they were able to move things as required to do the job
right.

In the Tiger it's a given that you will have to trim the half-shafts to get
the track right, and that pretty much also necessitates fabricating new
A-arms. How much stuff they'll run into is going to be a function of how low
a ride height and how much suspension travel you're shooting for. It would
be an interesting project, that's for sure...

Theo