Control arm R&R

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Control arm R&R
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:02:10 EST
Another winter project, I'd like to replace the bushings in my lower and
upper control arms. Looks like a PO has done the rest of the front end  stuff.
ball joints, tie rod ends new rack boots, etc. Also my crossmember is  nice and
clean and looks good. So do I need to use a spring compressor or can I  use a
floor jack like I would with most cars to drop the lower arm and take out  the
spring. I have checked my shop manual, my cat notes and checked the united
site. One posting on the united site, mentions using a floor jack while
changing  ball joints, and then removing the lower arm. Anyone done this?
Anyone have
any  tips, suggestions, etc?.....hanks.....cheers....phil