Re: Heart Warming Story

To: <stubrennan@comcast.net>, "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Heart Warming Story
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:53:33 -0600
Stu- In the early 80s or as early as that time, you could easily obtain a
title for anything in Alabama and Im fairly certain NH didnt attach titles
in the mid 60s, Im not sure when or even if they do now but I am certain a
thief always knows a method for finding paper. It is certainly harder now
that the computer age is so advanced but in 1970 I doubt it was very hard. I
know that anyone needing a title for a harley only had to know an Alabama
resident and pershps there where other southern states just as easy. Even
guys building would be harley, using after market frames etc. can obtain a
NY title for an older HD and lots of buyers are just as dishonest as the
thief who stole the car. Right price and a clear title and many people have
zero problems, no matter what state the paper is from. The orginal owner is
lucky the VIN wasnt changed after so many years. Im happy for the guy and
even more so for his daughter, to bad it wasnt a Tiger, she would be even
luckier. LOL TTT