Auctions

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Auctions
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 08:21:53 EST
Are people following the Barrett-Jackson auction on Speed Channel?  Wow, the
prices are just staggering!  It seems that big block Corvettes are bringing
big money, but the consistent really big bucks are Hemi cars, especially Cudas,
and Shelby Mustangs.  I mean even the 300 HP Hertz "rent a Shelby" can bring
$200,000.

And,  Ford was smart in donating a "not yet built" 2007 Shelby Mustang to
auction off.  They even brought in Ole Shelby himself and Edsell Ford to
promote
it. Can you imagine....they sell a car for $600,000 and it 's not even at the
auction.....in fact, it's not yet built.

I sat watching and thinking that if Rootes had produced a 100 or so Tigers
(in cooperation with Shelby-need that Shelby name in there) with a hopped up
Ford 289 and about 300 HP, these would be $200,000 - $250,000 cars at this
auction.  And if one happened to have a successful racing history of some sort
(probably drag strip) it would be a $500,000 car.
Mark L.