More How-to: WOOD DASH FINISH

To: <65Tiger@comcast.net>
Subject: More How-to: WOOD DASH FINISH
From: "Al Johnson" <twojohnsons@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:52:15 -0500
No--you don't put it that close--there's something about the burnt gasses from
the propane that makes the bubbles in the envirotex come out real quick.
I got one of those fan tips for my propane torch to spread the flame better.
You have to use a level to get the dash absolutely straight so's the material
ends up even all over the dash.
This is easy & phenomenal appearing when complete.
Try it on a piece of wood or wood-grain formica or Wilson-art first & you'll
see.
It's messy--put a big piece of cardboard on your workbench to collect the
excess that spills over the side. I also made a long box to cover the dash
while it dried so no dust or lint would settle on it while it was wet.
And---I've heard that steering wheel story from Stu for the last 10
years---not true---this stuff is durable & impervious to thing like lotions
I'm sure---it's a deep glossy plastic film when dry. And it could not be used
on a steering wheel because of the nature of the application process.
BTW---This technique was told to me by Scott Woerth 20 maybe 15 years ago.
Al J