Re: How many Tigers have you owned?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How many Tigers have you owned?
From: "Peter Laurinaitis" <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 01:31:18 -0500
My story - I've gone from always wanting a Tiger since a buddy of mine took
me for a drive in his when we both lived in Daytona Beach 15+ years ago, to
this past October seeing one pop up on the TraderOnline (B382001536) for
sale in Arizona, minimal to no rust, but the old black paint that covered
the original Carnival Red was a disaster from the Arizona heat, but runs
super and has a super straight boday, so sent a certified check and had it
shipped up (used a local inspector to check it out down there, as I live in
NYC now).

Fast forward 30 days to October 05 and a really cool very original blue on
blue one pops up in Ohio that I had to grab (B9471987 LRX FE ).  Not sure
what got into me, but was bitten by the bug. After trading a few emails with
Norm on it as usual, and a long drive to Ohio, and inspecting it for like 2
hours, drove home with it on a trailer.  Its an awesome looking 10 footer
(or better) but I'm a perfectionist and at some point will have it dipped
and stripped to properly fix the rust that was repaired by an amatuer
perhaps 10 or 20 years ago, and similar things, but love the original blue
interior and all the original knick knacks still intact.  So two drivers,
both fun, but would love to restore them both to very clean condition.

For the money I spent on these two, I could have probably gotten one great
totally restored Tiger, but then I wouldnt have the fun or the learning of
restoring one myself.  I believe if you drive something like a Tiger, etc,
you should know how to fix anything on the side of the road that might go
wrong, and there is only one really good way to learn it...

Now at some point to satisfy my urge for a Pantera also...