Theft deterrent

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Theft deterrent
From: "david hall" <dhhall@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 09:00:48 -0500
Have appreciated all the discussion re: foiling the actual theft of a Tiger.
Most deterrents seem to be reasonably easy to foil, especially with a rollback
towaway.  It seems that the greatest chance to keep your Tiger is not just to
prevent its theft, but to track it down if it disappears.  I have heard about
LoJack type devices, but they are expensive (?about $700).  Has anyone had any
experience with these?  Is there another lower priced alternative, such as a
reverse GPS type system?  Obviuously there would be distance limitations, so
if the thief took off for hundreds of miles away, you'd be sunk.  I recently
read about ex baseball player Albert Belle (sp?) using some sort of cell phone
with GPS to track (stalk) an ex-girlfriend around the city.  If it is
reasonably priced, I'd place one secretly in my teenage daughter's car.   For
that though, perhaps ignorance will let me sleep better...  David