RE: Dipstick

To: "'Richard'" <rcsphx@qwest.net>, "'Tiger List'"
Subject: RE: Dipstick
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:04:52 -0500
Richard

        The Rootes parts list shows Part # 1224808 which is superseded by
#6100743 which is also the number I have listed for the MKII engine.   I
don't have a Ford number for these parts but here is what David Franchi
wrote.

"The later MKIA and MKII dip stick (short finger pull) is shown in the Tiger
parts book with a Ford Part # C4JZ-6750-A (the Tiger MKI Rootes # 1224808
stick was superseded by this later short finger pull stick). I was never
able to buy one of these short finger pull dip sticks from Ford. The "C4JZ"
is an industrial part number and not available through the regular Ford
Dealer, it also wasn't available from my local Ford Industrial Dealer."

        Can the C4JZ part still be found; probably not.

        I recommend that with your next oil change you mark the dipstick;
1st with just 4 quarts, run the engine to fill the oil filter; mark dipstick
after it sits for a time; this is the 1 Qt low mark, add 1 Qt; this is the
full mark.   There are other ways to do this; if you already did an oil
change then mark the full mark and siphon out 1 Qt and mark the 1 Qt low
mark.

Most of us are in the same position; few of us have the original dip in our
Tigers.

Ron Fraser