Average Age, Tiger Owner - Results

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Average Age, Tiger Owner - Results
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:53:45 -0800
Well..., I had a pocket of time to do some tabulating this afternoon (with the
help of my kids). I was able to use the ages of 105 of you who responded.

The youngest owner is - Joey (of course) at 15

The oldest owner is - Bill Carroll at 91 (or soon to be)

There were 2 people under 30

There were 10 people between 30 and 40

There were 28 people between 40 and 50

There were 32 people between 50 and 60

There were 29 people between 60 and 70

There were 3 people between 70 and 80

There were 0 people between 80 and 90

There is 1 person between 90 and 100

And, the average age worked out to be.... 53.3 years old.

 If you were 16 (the assumed youngest age to drive) when the Tiger was
available as a true 1965 model you would be 57 today. That falls right into
the largest age group.

With me at 48 I stand corrected that I am 5+ years under the average rather
than slightly over as I had thought (but why do I feel so old???)

Years of ownership was a bit more difficult with 77 people responding. Some
people went by model year and others by date of purchase. Other times I had to
calculate by age at purchase (or year of purchase) to come up with the numbers
not stated. Others had ownership for more than one car and I only took the
longest. Some people had a break in ownership that was hard to put into a
"real" ownership numbers and I dropped those.
  So, if you feel like you didn't count properly (especially those in the 40 +
category), well... I did the best I could under the circumstances. Years of
ownership was not part of the original question it was only freely offered by
the responder. So this is a "ballpark" figure at best.

The shortest year of ownership was 1

The longest years of ownership was 42

36 people have owned their cars for 1 to 10 years

12 people have owned their cars for 11 to 20 years

9 people have owned their cars for 21 to 30 years

19 people have owned their cars for 31 to 40 years

1 person has owner their car for 40+ years

I do find it interesting that the years of ownership was greatest for 1 to 10
years and 31 to 40 years. Also, that nearly 50% of those responding owned
their car for 10 years or less.

Thanks to all of you that chimed in for the count. I thought the list was just
about dead of recent years, but there actually appears to be a strong pulse
(it's just hard to detect at times).

Tom Witt