Re: Question about Wiper Motor

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question about Wiper Motor
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:58:51 -0800
Tim,
 Not sure of your free time, but the wiper motor is not very complicated. It
is basically your standard, brushed, DC motor. I opened mine up and
lubricated it without much difficulty. That said there is a long spiral
cable attached that with general care shouldn't get kinked. Perhaps the most
difficult part is removing the motor and not getting the cable grease on the
interior. I found wrapping it with Saran Wrap while removing it helped with
that and prevented getting dirt embedded in the cable. If it doesn't operate
and windings are shot or gears are chewed up, well..., that is another
story. Also note that removing the wiper arms are necessary to withdraw the
cable (as far as I recall).
Tom Witt