Re: G-Tech pro

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: G-Tech pro
From: Larry Paulick <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 20:30:45 -0400
I have a GTech, and used it once, but not for some time, as I got really
busy.  New house, AMG SL55, my company, and the normal stuff.

They are good for engine tuning, suspension tuning, brake work, and just
seeing what your car will do, and how to launch and drive faster.

The current version is really good, and if you are serious about "Really
Tuning your car", this works, and provides more than seat of the pants
guesses.

I have done a lot of work on wheel weights, cross weights, front back
weights, with me in the car and out.

Also my Great Helper, Joe Parlanti, helped me with the work so I was
able to tell how accurate my tire weight system was.

But, the bottom line, if you are serious about tuning your suspension,
brakes, and engine, this is cheap, as dyno time, and track time gets
really expensive.

BTW,  the old R&T weight bias article is totally wrong.  They were
guessing that a Ford engine would put all that weight on the front, and
its not true.

The front to rear and cross bias is something you would be proud of.

BTW II, Bob Palmer is a very good source of info, as are about 1/2 dozen
others on this list if you are really into the nuts and bolt of tuning.