Re: heater fan speed

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: heater fan speed
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 11:42:54 -0700
Jim,
I replaced my motor and fan with one from an MGB or Midget (can't remember
which). Even though the motor is a bit shorter it seemed to turn faster. I
recall others on this list have made similar claims. As a note of interest
my fan was broken and the MGB or Midget fan rotates the other way, hence the
blades on the fan cage are backwards from the Tigers. Regardless, I simply
reversed the polarity and though "subjective," it is my opinion that there
was more air movement than before. This surprised me because the "squirrel
cage" fan seemingly would only work best in one direction of rotation.
  I'm sure there are many options. All the cage has to do is fit the housing
and and have the motor clear any external items in the way. Thus, likely a
number of potential candidates are out there as a replacements - you just
have to find the right one. In closing you want to make sure that there are
no air leaks in the hoses or at the connections. As well, make sure that any
diverters are moving to all the right places.
Tom Witt