Early Morning Breakfast Dyno Report

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Early Morning Breakfast Dyno Report
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 06:26:03 -0700
Well we made it home from the dyno around 8 pm last night. Approximately
a 170 mile round trip (why don't I have one of these thingys?). I can
only dscribe my feelings as YEE HA!!...bummer. Ok most of ya'll
generally know me for telling it the way it is/was even if there is egg
on my face. Well, there is some of that and some good news and some bad
news. We arrived at the facility about 45 miutes early and of course,
the man I talked to to set it up didn't at first remember who I was
(great start). But then he clicked in and remembered. Said I am sorry
but I have to close the shop now..I have a photoshoot at 4pm for me and
my car. But he called his dad who actually owns the shop and came at
4:10pm. Ok back in business. But then the dyno was farkled. Seems the
week before they had moved it from one building space to he next one
over. Well, that was ok, but there was no power to it except extension
cords....everywhere. And one kept bolwing a circuit breaker. HAd to sort
that out before we could get started. Finally...car is set up and  and
the operator ran the car to about 2500 rpm, gently. No real issues but a
little fat. Leaned the MAF curve and that leaned it where it needed to
be fat. Returned it back to the way it was and increased the injector
size (note this is trick! tells the computer to squirt less because the
injectors are bigger). MAde a coiuple or three light pulls to see if it
was safe to lean on. Yup. Really fat but safe. Zowee, he pressed the
loud pedal and the car climbed the rpm curve then the boost hit. Jumped
to 650 hp and then the torque converter went away! OR at least that is
my surmise.  The speedo in the car also hit 213 mph, but this could be
off somewhat as I calibrated it myself. We tried a few more pulls with
the car in second and manually shifting but the torque converter or
tranny would not let us get beyond 314 hp give or take a few. so we
called it a day. So, in conclusion, the motor is quite strong and safe
to run. I have lots of data to mess with. I probably need a new torque
converter (I need to chat with someone on any of the lists who
understands torque converters). I also need to do some more
modifications to the valve body, that steel plate that goes between the
trans and the valve body.

Lots of work to do now...into thrash mode...

mayf