Re: The Book of Norm

To: "TM" <strombecker@telus.net>
Subject: Re: The Book of Norm
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 23:13:58 -0700
At 04:47 PM 5/21/2006, you wrote:
>I find it sad that the TBON has gotten so high in price.  I think the car
>hobby should be fun and about the cars.  Information should be avaliable at a
>reasonable cost and make it affordable for any hobbiest.  It is only worth
>what people are willing to pay, and I guess some people think it has some
>value.  I only wish that some one would publish another detailed book about
>these cars, so people can enjoy the information and be able to see what makes
>these cars special.  I guess that is why most people may not know what a Tiger
>is, as they cann't spend over a thousand dollars for a detailed book, when
>they can get lots of books on shelbys for around thirty dollars.  I have
>purchased several shelby books myself.  This is only my opinion, for what it
>is worth.  Maybe I would feel different if I had one of the books, but then
>again, I don't think so.

I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed by the book.  The magic of
this Marque or any other for that matter. is not contained on the
printed page, as Norm will be glad to tell you.  It involves a lot
more emotion, dedication and participation than most casual owners
are willing or capable of giving.  Should your ownership ever
transcend from simply driving, to life altering experiences, you may
begin to comprehend the magic that this Marque has to offer.  Until
that point, enjoy the ride and take care to maintain this special
piece of history.  Tigers United XXIX in Santa Cruz, is one of the
places you may encounter other owners that have experienced the kind
of magic I'm describing.

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
www.tigerengineering.net