Airfilter Size

To: "Tiger News Group List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Airfilter Size
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:06:35 -0400
Listers,
A long while ago I shared the ram air kit I built with for my Tiger to
create a function ram air seal with a LAT hood. It is a very simple
design but one of the benefits is that I can install a true 2 inch tall
air filter. The air filter is a STANDARD ROUND 14 inch diameter (ie:
Holley Morroso K&N aftermarket 14inch filter diameter) that you can
squeeze into the stock Tiger lid. The base of the air box is flat and
sits right against the top of the carb.  This permits a full 2 inch
height with no touching of the hood with an RPM performer with stock
mounts ...no heat shields... in my Tiger. I will point out that on the
chassis dyno last year at the CAT Dyno Day event with static air
movement resulted in a LOSS of 15 HP when I installed the air filter lid
due to the limited surface area and severe turn air has to make to enter
the carb. There is a new cone shaped device on the market that mounts to
the lid of the airfilter that may help improve airflow with the lid
installed I just have not had time to try it yet and get to a dyno day.
If anyone wants photos or a copy of the Ram Air article let me know.
Someday it will get posted on Tigers United. I also made paper templates
that I can sell for about $25-30 ... due to copy costs priced per foot
... crooks at Kinkos.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo, CA   92691
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
Business email: timothy.ronak@crna.akzonobel.com
Personal email: timronak@cox.net
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender then delete and destroy the original message and all copies. You
should not copy, forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in
part, without permission of the sender.