Side stainless steel trim clip question

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Side stainless steel trim clip question
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 18:42:30 -0500
Hey, guys:

I must first apologize for bringing this up since I'm sure it's been discussed
to death on this list before.  However, I cannot find any references to it in
my notes and now find myself in need of assistance.

The previous owner of my Tiger saw fit to, when he had the car painted, fill
in the side trim holes.  After the car was painted, he decided to put the trim
back on and, rather than drill the holes out, he used some type of two sided
tape to hold the stainless on.  As there is more taper to the body on the ends
of the front and rear fenders, more stress is placed on the trim there.  You
guessed it; my trim is pulling away now on all four corners.  I have managed
to locate the rear holes where it is the worst and would like to install the
correct type of "nutted" clip to insure proper fitment of the trim at the rear
corners.

My question is where can I get some of those original style rear nutted-type
clips for the stainless trim?  Are they still available?  If not, what is
everybody using for the end clips?  I'm pretty sure that the replacement clips
for the trim won't work because, if I remember correctly, the holes in the
body at the ends of the stainless trim are bigger than the rest of them.  Can
someone point me in the right direction?  The show season is getting started
in earnest now and I would really like to fix these back to how they should
be.

Thanks very much,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
B9006857LRX

P.S.:  I hope I'll be seeing some of you all at the Sunbeam Invasion in Tulsa
next weekend!!