RE: Fuel pump wiring question

To: "'Chris and Jodie'" <cjcoffel@sonic.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel pump wiring question
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:11:39 -0400
Chris
        The wire diagram is not that hard to follow.   This is for the MK I
wire harness.

The fuel pump uses the white wire.
There is a single push connector at the left kick panel.
The wire goes to the fuse with the white wires; this is in the engine
compartment.
The white wire goes to the ignition switch; lug 2.
The white wire goes to the ignition warning light.
The wire changes color to brown/ yellow and goes to the D post of the
voltage regulator.

You need 12v at all these points; the ignition switch must be ON from the
ignition switch to the pump to get 12v.
Also check the ground wire at the pump to complete the circuit.

Ron Fraser