re current British cars, etc

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: re current British cars, etc
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:20:50 -0400
Just a sampling of recent cars built in the UK that Americans are buying:

The 2003-2005 Honda Civic Si
Some of the new Honda CR-V are built in the UK
Did we forget the new MINI (assembled and engineered in Oxford/Cowley) We bought
45,000 of them last year in the US.

Jaguar X-Type, S-Type, XJ sedans, and yes, the XK sports cars

Land Rover

As for the Chrysler/ Daimler Benz alliance, most of us can see the results here
in the States. In the UK and Europe, virtually the only American minvans and
SUV's you'll see there are Chrysler and Jeep, and of course a smattering of
Crossfires since they're assembled in Germany. And, lately, Chrysler 300's,
some with diesel engines.

The Rootes/Chrysler connection is currently held together by the French firm
PSA, that you know as Peugeot and Citroen. As you read on these pages and
elsewhere,
PSA is stopping production of their Peugeot model currently being built at the
Coventry, UK location that previously built Sunbeams in the 1960's