PentaStar

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: PentaStar
From: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:27:26 -0400
B382002384, which I have owned since new and came off the line in late
August of '66, according to Norm's records, had a pentastar on the
passenger side.  I removed it when my car was repainted and have not
reinstalled it.  It is in two parts - a thin metal piece which forms the
pentastar and is then mounted (glued) on a plastic base.  It mounts through
two holes as noted in another message.  I do not recollect the exact date
of the Chrysler takeover, but it must have been prior to '67 if the several
'66s, including mine, reporting here have pentastars installed.  I know
that some are sticklers for authenticity, but why give Chrysler any credit
for the existence of the Tiger?  They sure as hell did nothing for the
maintenance of the breed and a whole lot to try to kill it.  The pentastar
was probably the only part on the whole car from the Chrysler parts
bin.  The Chrysler connection may be of interest historically but adds
nothing to the heritage of our cars, IMHO.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE