Radiator Sizing and Heat Loads

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radiator Sizing and Heat Loads
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:15:31 -0700
Every year or so I want the threads of "cooling my tiger" come up, get
discussed, and passed around until it seems to just die out until the
next year or so. Sorta like a virus, lol. This is not a bad thing
because it re aquaints everyone with the issues and infuses new owners
with the oddities of our cars. I did notice that there are at least two
list members who have the background to do an analysis of our cars
cooling system from end to end. I am not talking about view foil
engineering here, but real analytical thinkling with real numbers. I
think it is possible to do an analysis which can generally predict the
heat load from the engine and the radiator's capability to manage that
load and which could be used to generallly predict how the car radiator
will perform. Different cases could be analyzed. Cases, like steady
cruise at several speeds, hard accelerations, various engine tunes and
displacements. Various ambient conditions could also be applied. Anybody
wanna try?

mayf, out in pahrump