Edelbrock Carbs

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Edelbrock Carbs
From: "lorraine wood" <roglor@mweb.co.za>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:00:16 +0200
Hi Listers , I have owned a South A frican assembled Tiger for the last 14
years  I orinally bought the car in boxes and rebuilt it from scratch . The
car has been a lot of fun and has done very well in several concours  and show
events . Over the last eight years  i have raced the car in classic and marque
car events with a fair amount of success . Of course we are always looking for
more power and to this end I have modified the motor slightly , still using
the original 260 . I have ported the heads  , balanced the motor , fitted the
Edelbrock perfomer cam , fitted the Edelbrock f4b  manifold plus headers and a
Edelbrock 500 cfm carb . Now comes the crunch , has anyone had experience of
setting up these carbs .  The car perfomes very well on the road but on the
track  under sharp cornering and a sudden wide open throttle situation there
is a dead area or bog down situation  i think between the first and second
stage , I have tried various jet combinations and fuel pump pressures  with
little change in the situation . Could it be that under sharp cornering  with
the related G forces that the carb is  flooding and maybe the float level
needs to be lowered ? The car is crisp in every respect only failing on rapid
acceleration out of the corners . I look forward to any comments .
Roger Wood      Cape Town , South Africa