Re: Edelbrock Carb (LM-1)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Edelbrock Carb (LM-1)
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:14:23 -0700
Tom,

My Edelbrock gauge #6593 has 7 led steps, in 0.5 A/F ratio spacing, from
12 to 16 F.A, ratio.

(12, 12.5, 13, 13.5, 14, 14.5, 15, 15.5)

It is VERY sensitive to the slightest throttle, or load change.  As it
is very sensitive to the changes,
it is a good deal better in sensing small changes, and the lights do
reach the limit of measurements,
depending on load, throttle position, tuning, etc.  It is sensitive
enough to register even small increments
of loading and throttle position.

AND, it is very affordable.

Remember, even a dyno test is only good for 1 load/throttle setting at a
time. It is good for steady state
performance, but useless during the transients of acceleration/load change.

I believe Stewart-Warner has a needle (or light) round dial version, but
I cannot vouch for it's sensitivity.

It is cheap. Try it.

Steve

___