RE: fresh air vents in early Tiger

To: <GRMTim@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fresh air vents in early Tiger
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:44:09 -0400
Tim
        I'm not exactly sure what you mean, "late Tiger fresh air vents".
If you mean the vents in the front fenders; that is a LAT-41 option, Air
Exit Vents For Engine Compartment.   The stock Tigers never had these vents.

        There is a good deal of fabrication needed to put fresh air vents on
a Tiger.   Personally, I'm not sure how well they work and I think they
detract from the clean lines of the car.   Possibly a vent style like the
'57 T-bird would be more acceptable to me but it is your car and you need to
make that decision.  I believe the '57 vents opened into the driver/
passenger area.  That would put more air flow where I would want it but that
would only work on cool days.   Hot Florida days require insulation of the
floor to keep engine heat out; A/C to keep the driver cool.

        I would read the TE/AE article on cooling first.   Great information
that should make the engine of any Tiger run cooler.
http://www.teae.org/tech_tips/index.html

Ron Fraser