RE: Fuel pump

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel pump
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:53:59 -0600
I should have given that as a good reason for why the filter would be
plugged. For those in the Calgary area, I had my tanks and tubes re-done
several years ago at City Wide Radiator (http://www.citywideradiator.com/)
and they did a nice job. Not cheap (something like $400 Canadian if I recall
correctly) and they had about a one month or six-week backlog when I had it
done. Their normal rate was something like $250-$300 for an average gas
tank, so I suppose the price for getting five parts done isn't bad.

The alternative is to do it yourself using one of Eastwood's products or the
equivalent. However, getting it done at a shop means that the tanks get
boiled out, leak tested, repaired if necessary, and then coated inside,
using the appropriate industrial-strength process.

Theo