Wally Swift-260 engine

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Wally Swift-260 engine
From: williamjohnwest@aol.com
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:29:24 -0400
 Hey guys,the Ford industrial division didn't make the 260 engine you just
ordered from them. The engines were built in the Windsor Ontario Ford engine
plant.I know a former Tiger owner whose relative worked in the plant at the
time and commented on how fast the Rootes order was filled. The production run
was peanuts to them,done in an afternoon or similar time frame.The 260 casting
was based on the contemorary 289 5 bolt block, a different casting from the
earlier 260 which was scalloped rather than straight along the inner edge of
the deck at the lifter valley, see the pictures of this in Gordon Chittenden's
book.For non-believers I have one of each variety out in my barn gathering dust
and rust. Hope this helps clarify things. John W -Longtime Tiger and Alpine
owner

All on demand. Always Free.