tank coatings

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: tank coatings
From: Robert Melusky <tigerknut66@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 19:15:02 -0700 (PDT)
Whatever you do DON"T use the POR-15 sealer.  I used it in my Bugeye tanks and
10 years later I had a slurry of plastic sheets in the tank after the coating
sluffed off. According to my neighbor who ids very active loaclly in the Mopar
clubs he has heard of several other similar experiences.

  Bob

Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com> wrote:
  The alternative is to do it yourself using one of Eastwood's products or the
equivalent. However, getting it done at a shop means that the tanks get
boiled out, leak tested, repaired if necessary, and then coated inside,
using the appropriate industrial-strength process.

Theo